Michael Zorc reiterates Borussia Dortmund’s plan to keep Erling Haaland

Michael Zorc has reiterated that Borussia Dortmund will not be selling star striker Erling Haaland this summer, despite rumours linking him with a move away from the club.

Erling Haaland’s future has been the subject of constant speculation in recent weeks. Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea are all said to be interested in signing the Borussia Dortmund striker.

Haaland’s agent Mino Raiola and father Alf-Inge Haaland fuelled the speculation further by traveling to Spain to hold talks with Real Madrid and Barcelona officials earlier this month. But the Black and Yellows will not sell the 20 year old this summer, even if they fail to qualify for next season’s UEFA Champions League.

Reports in Germany claim that the BVB bosses have already made this clear to Mino Raiola, and the agent has accepted their stance.

In an interview with ARD-Sportschau on Sunday, Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc once again stated that Haaland will not be leaving the club this summer.

“I like to stick to what the contractual basis looks like and how the direct talks went last week,” Zorc said. “We have a very clear plan to go into the new season with Erling.”

Haaland still has more than three years left on his Borussia Dortmund contract, so the BVB bosses hold all the cards and know that they aren’t under any pressure to sell him this summer. There is a release clause in his contract, but it will only come into effect at the end of next season.

Erling Haaland joined Borussia Dortmund from RB Salzburg in January 2020. He has scored 49 goals and provided 11 assists in just 52 appearances for Der BVB, and also won the 2020 Golden Boy award.