Borussia Dortmund are not said to be considering a move for Manchester United midfielder Hannibal Mejbri at this stage, contrary to reports in England.
It was reported earlier on Thursday that Borussia Dortmund are interested in signing Hannibal Mejbri this summer, and are willing to pay a fee in the region of 15 million euros for his signature. The claim has now been quashed by Fabrizio Romano, who reports that the midfielder is not a concrete target for the Black and Yellows at the moment.
The BVB bosses are said to be prioritising different players as they look to bolster their midfield following the departures of Jude Bellingham, Mahmoud Dahoud and Raphael Guerreiro.
Borussia Dortmund have been linked with moves for the likes of Edson Álvarez, Conor Gallagher, Felix Nmecha and Morten Hjulmand in recent weeks. The Mexico international is thought to be BVB’s top target for this summer transfer window, and those in charge will look to reach an agreement with Ajax in the coming days.
Hannibal Mejbri, who joined Manchester United from AS Monaco in 2019, spent the recently concluded season on loan at Birmingham City. He made 41 appearances for the second division side and was also part of the Tunisia squad at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Manchester United are reportedly open to negotiations over the 20 year old’s future. But it remains to be seen if Borussia Dortmund will look to pursue a move for him this summer. Hannibal Mejbri has three years left on his current contract with the English Premier League side.